Pet Boarding at Higgins Animal Clinic
When you bring your pet in for a stay in our boarding areas, you can be assured that we will treat your pet like a member of our own family. Our straightforward boarding areas are clean, safe and comfortable, We have raised comfy beds for the dogs and a separate, quiet environment for our feline clients to relax in.
We do our best to accommodate a variety of services during their stay like giving medications and fluid therapy. However we are limited to what we provide as staff is not present while we are closed. Our hospital is located on a very busy street, so we provide a long run area so your pooch can stretch their legs a few times a day instead of walks off the premises.
- Physical exam within 1 year for dogs 6 years of age and under
- Physical exam within 6 months for senior dogs 7years of age and over - your senior dog’s medical file will also be reviewed and must be approved by a Higgins veterinarian before we are able to book a reservation
- Rabies, DA2PP (distemper) and CIV H3N2 (canine influenza) vaccines within 1 year
- Bordetella vaccine and negative fecal test result within 6 months
- Negative fecal test results are due by reservation time. Overdue fecal tests cannot be run during your dog’s stay
- Flea and tick preventative given to your dog within 1 month of reservation time
- Physical exam within 1 year for cats 6 years of age and under
- Physical exam within 6 months for senior cats 7years of age and over - your senior cat’s medical file will also be reviewed and must be approved by a Higgins veterinarian before we are able to book a reservation
- Rabies and FVRCP (feline distemper) vaccines within 1 year
- Negative fecal test result within 6 months
- Negative fecal test results are due by reservation time. Overdue fecal tests cannot be run during your cat’s stay
- Flea and tick preventative given to your cat within 1 month of reservation time.
We are unable to board or groom overly aggressive, contagious, diabetic or severely ill pets to avoid any risks to your pet, our staff
members and the other pets in our care. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation of these requirements.
Higgins Animal Clinic is not a 24-hour facility. Direct monitoring by a staff member is available only during our open hours. All pets are safely tucked in bed each evening and on weekends and they receive 2 to 3 visits every Saturday and every Sunday for care, cleaning and feeding.
To make your pet feel more relaxed, you may bring favorite toys, bedding or one of your well-worn shirts. We provide Hill's Science Diet food, but if your pet has a sensitive stomach we ask that you bring the diet you feed at home. We are not able to feed raw food diets.
If your pet needs daily medication, just let us know, we are able to administer medications and some special requests. If you would like additional services, like baths, grooming or checkups, mention the service you would like to have when you make your reservation.
To learn more about Higgins Animal Clinic's boarding services or to make a reservation, call us at (847) 520-7387.